In honor of Keiro no Hi, we will host the third annual Fine Arts Showcase! We are inviting everyone in Our Community, age 60 or older, to create and express themselves through different forms of art. Submitted artwork will be displayed virtually on Keiro’s website.
The theme for this year’s Arts Showcase is:
Tsunagari – Connection
Connecting with others is one important aspect of maintaining a good quality of life. Express yourself and the importance of connection by showing what the theme of Tsunagari, or Connection, means to you. This can be a connection to you, your family and friends, or even all those around you.
For this year’s arts showcase, we will NOT be collecting your artwork physically, but will virtually display the photos/videos that are sent in.
How Can I Participate?
- Create one piece of visual artwork following all the criteria listed in the next section.
- Take two pictures: (1) A picture of your artwork and (2) a picture of you and your artwork together.
- Optional: you may also send in a 10-15 second (no more than that) video of you explaining your art in either Japanese or English.
- Email your pictures with the required information (listed below) to [email protected]. If you need assistance taking/submitting photos, please contact us by emailing [email protected] or call 213.873.5718 and leave a message.
- Size: No size limitations
- ONE SUBMISSION PER PERSON
- The artwork CANNOT be the same artwork from previous years if you have previously participated with us in 2020 or 2021.
- Theme: Tsunagari or “Connection”
- Submission Deadline: Friday, July 29, 2022, 5:00 p.m.
- Submissions can include: painting, quilting, origami, photography, drawing, ikebana, needlepoint, ceramics, and more!
- Artists must be at least 60 years old or older.
- Make sure your submission is
- NOT flammable, toxic, or explosive
Submitting Your Work
Send your artwork with the following information:
- Full name
- Date of Birth
- Contact information (email and phone number)
- Title of artwork
- Description of your piece and a story behind it (2-3 sentences)
Note: Only your name, age, artwork pictures, and the description/story will be displayed in our virtual gallery.
If you have any questions on the submission process, please email [email protected] or call 213.873.5718 and leave a message. We will follow up with details on receiving your artwork or any questions you may have.