Information We Collect
We collect the following types of information on the Site:
- Web Server Traffic Information: We collect and use aggregate data (not information identifying individual users) to understand the number of visitors to the Site, the length of stay, pages visited, Internet Protocol (IP) address, and sources of traffic so that we can improve your experience on the Site.
- Web beacons: The Site also uses web beacons (sometimes called transparent GIFs, clear GIFs, or web bugs) – small strings of code that allow us to deliver a small (usually invisible) graphic image on a web page or in an email. Web beacons help us identify information such as when a page is viewed or a description of the page where a web beacon is placed. We may also incorporate third party web beacons into our site, which will allow the third parties to track the behavior of users across multiple sites and as described below.
- Log files: We use IP addresses to analyze trends, administer the Site, track visitors’ movements and gather broad information for aggregate use. IP addresses are not linked to personal information.
- Email interaction: We collect information about your interaction with email messages from us, such as whether messages were opened or links were clicked.
- Analytics:We use third party analytics tools to help us measure traffic and usage trends for the Site. These tools collect information sent by your device or the Site, including the web pages you visit, add-ons, and other information that assists us in improving the Site.
- Personal Information You Provide: If you fill out a form or survey, request information, make a donation, or interact with the Site in other ways, we may collect information you provide to us, such as your name, address, city, state, zip code, email address, and telephone number.
How We Use Your Information
- provide personalized content and information to you;
- provide, improve, test, and monitor the effectiveness of the Site;
- develop and test new features for the Site;
- monitor metrics such as total number of visitors, traffic, and demographic patterns;
- diagnose or fix technology problems;
- respond to your questions;
- process your donations and event registrations; and
- generally improve your experience on the Site.
Following are some additional details on how we may use your personal information:
- Affiliates, Agents, and Service Providers: Keiro may share your email address or personal information with other parties involved in the preparation or publication of the Site or other Keiro-managed sites (such as Keiro’s social media pages) and publications (such as Keiro’s newsletter).
- Applications: When you fill out an application for an internship, scholarship, research study, or volunteer position, we may use the email address or personal information you provided to notify you about news or other information we believe you may find valuable. You may opt out or remove yourself from future communications by following the unsubscribe instructions in the message.
- Donations: We may use your personal information to process your donation to Keiro. We may also use the email address or personal information we collected to provide you with news or other information we believe you may find valuable. You may opt out or remove yourself from future communications by following the unsubscribe instructions in the message.
- E-News: When you sign up to receive Keiro Connect e-news, we collect your email address and may notify you about other information we believe you may find valuable. You may opt out or remove yourself from future emails of this type by following the unsubscribe instructions in the message.
- Event Registration: When you register for an event, we may use the email address or personal information you provided to notify you about news or other information we believe you may find valuable. You may opt out or remove yourself from future communications by following the unsubscribe instructions in the message.
- Information Requests and Questions: When we respond to your email request or questions, we may use the email address or personal information you provided to notify you about news or other information we believe you may find valuable. You may opt out or remove yourself from future communications by following the unsubscribe instructions in the message.
- Other Interaction on the Site: When you interact with the Site, such as posting a comment or rating or answering a survey, we may use the email address or personal information we collected to provide you with news or other information we believe you may find valuable. You may opt out or remove yourself from future communications by following the unsubscribe instructions in the message.
- Marketing and Interaction Through Other Platforms: We may use information you provide (such as an e-mail address) to enable us to display advertisements to you on other websites or platforms (including social media) based upon the information we have collected. This may involve sharing your information with the operators of such other websites or platforms to allow such operators to display such advertisements on a targeted basis to you and other individuals in listings we provide to the operator, although the information will be provided and compared in encrypted form so only individuals on both lists are identified or subject to contractual confidentiality obligations. For example, we may use the e-mail you provide to us to create a Custom Audience in Facebook (as described at https://www.facebook.com/business/help/112061095610075), which allows us to deliver advertisements to you on Facebook. You may learn how to opt-out of receiving advertisements from us on Facebook based upon information you provide to us by visiting https://www.facebook.com/help/568137493302217 and reviewing the instructions concerning “ads based on data from partners.”
What Happens in the Event of a Change of Control?
If we sell or otherwise transfer part or the whole of Keiro or our assets to another organization (e.g., in the course of a transaction like a merger, acquisition, bankruptcy, dissolution, liquidation), your information such as name and email address, and any other information collected through the Site, may be among the items sold or transferred.
Responding to Legal Requests and Preventing or Minimizing Harm
We may access, preserve and share your information in response to a legal request (like a search warrant, court order or subpoena) if we have a good faith belief that the law requires us to do so. This may include responding to legal requests from jurisdictions outside of the United States where we have a good faith belief that the response is required by law in that jurisdiction, affects users in that jurisdiction, and is consistent with internationally recognized standards. We may also access, preserve and share information when we have a good faith belief it is necessary to detect, prevent or minimize, or otherwise address fraud or other illegal activity; to protect ourselves, you and others, including as part of investigations; and to prevent death or imminent bodily harm. Information we receive about you may be accessed, processed and retained for an extended period of time when it is the subject of a legal request or obligation, governmental investigation, or investigations concerning possible violations of our terms or policies, or otherwise to prevent or minimize harm.
We respect your privacy and recognize that you may wish to limit the ways in which we contact you. To notify us of your preferences, please email firstname.lastname@example.org regarding the following:
- To remove your name from Keiro’s postal mailing list, please provide your full name, mailing address, and a sentence requesting removal.
- To remove your name from an email list, please follow the unsubscribe instructions in the message. You may also send an email with your full name, email address, and a sentence requesting removal. To unsubscribe from all emails, please indicate “unsubscribe from all emails.”
- To review or correct your personal information in Keiro’s records, please provide your full name and a sentence requesting a review or a correction.
Your security is important to us, and we take steps to protect your personal information. Keiro keeps your personal information confidential and stores it in a secure environment. Only authorized staff with a legitimate and specific business purpose (for example, to process a donation) may access your information. Although we take steps to protect your information, we do not guarantee, and you should not expect, that your personal information, searches, or communications will always remain secure. Please refer to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission’s website for information on how to protect yourself from identity theft. If you have any questions about the security of the Site, please send an email to email@example.com.
Keiro does not knowingly collect or solicit any information from anyone under the age of 13. The Site and its content are not directed at children under the age of 13. In the event that we learn that we have collected personal information from a child under age 13 without parental consent, we will delete that information as quickly as possible. If you believe that we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Other Websites and Services
How to Contact Us