Keiro provides programs and resources to meet the evolving needs of Our Community’s older adults and their caregivers in a culturally-sensitive manner. In everything we do, we aim to advance our mission and maximize our impact on Japanese American older adults and caregivers.
Browse below to learn more about what we provide for the community. Keiro also serves as a resource center—please email us today if you have any questions or need referrals.
- ClassesIn partnership with community centers, churches, temples, and other community groups, Keiro provides comprehensive programming such as classes and seminars both in person and virtually to meet the needs of their aging members.
- EventsKeiro events and conferences throughout the year provide education, resources, tools, and other support for attendees.
- GrantsFocusing on social isolation, Keiro provides funding to qualified nonprofit, community-based organizations that serve our constituents, supporting projects that create a direct, meaningful, and positive impact on the quality of life for our older adults.
- Iyashi CareThis culturally-sensitive palliative care program, presented in partnership with Providence Health & Services, is the first of its kind in the United States providing support to Japanese American and Japanese older adults with advanced illnesses, debilitating, and/or life-limiting symptoms.
- CollaborationKeiro advances its mission in innovative ways through collaborations and partnerships with community organizations, health care and senior services organizations, and universities that share similar visions and provide unique services to help the older adults and caregivers in Our Community.