South Bay Keiro Nursing Home is distinguished by the surrounding South Bay community and is a “home away from home” for older adults from the area. Similar to Keiro Nursing Home in Lincoln Park, skilled nursing and rehabilitation care options are available in this cozy setting. Characterized by a close, nurturing community, South Bay Keiro Nursing Home delivers compassionate and skillful care in a manner that is sensitive to your needs.
Like all of Keiro’s homes, South Bay Keiro Nursing Home is built on the cultural value of respect for our elders. Our person-centered approach means that there are people who speak your language, freshly prepared meals served according to your preferences, and opportunities to be involved in meaningful activities while maintaining a sense of community. Caring staff members and community volunteers build relationships with residents and interact in a variety of life-enriching pursuits, including education and exercises to optimize wellness, outings, traditional Japanese arts and performances, and intergenerational programs. As an extension of family, Keiro partners with residents and their families to promote the highest quality of life.
South Bay Keiro Nursing Home is for individuals who require 24-hour skilled nursing care or rehabilitation and medications administered by a licensed nurse, as well as individuals with cognitive impairment. Physician’s referral required. Please call for waiting list and availability or to schedule a visit.
- 24-hour, culturally-sensitive nursing care
- Rehabilitation (physical, speech, and occupational) therapies
- Respite care/temporary placement so caregivers can rest
- Rehabilitative/skilled nursing neighborhood for short stays following hospitalization
- Compassionate hospice care
- Convenient pharmacy, dental, audiology, podiatry, and vision services
- Diagnostic services
- Case management and social services
- Transportation services
The Comforts of Home
- Cozy day rooms for conversing with friends
- Comfortable home furnishings and a spacious patio and garden area
- Dining services featuring freshly prepared meals and personalized nutrition
- Housekeeping and laundry/linen service for carefree living
- Convenient beauty and barber shop services on-site
- Family members and friends are welcome to visit at any time (open visiting hours)
Enriching Activities According to Your Preferences
- Dedicated volunteers from the community provide extra love and care
- Meaningful activities, outings, and special events make life interesting and fulfilling
- Entertainment by local community groups and world-famous performers
- Intergenerational programs and opportunities for socialization
Method of Payment
Private Pay, Medicare, Medi-Cal, selected HMO/PPO contracts
Home to 98 individuals; semi-private rooms
Schedule a Visit
If you would like to visit this facility, please call in advance during normal business hours to schedule an appointment. Due to the high volume of requests, walk-ins are discouraged. Thank you for your cooperation and understanding.